Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Cherry Blossoms in DC, April 2007


I finally found the photos of the DC Cherry Blossoms that I took in 2007, with Sassy. I think they turned out pretty well, and I love going there in the springtime. Pardon the bad hair day!

There's my Sassy, smiling for the camera with cherry blossoms overhead! She loved going there and getting everybody to pet her, so she can give people kisses. She loves the attention!

This one is my favorite, looking straight up into the tree, with the gorgeous blue sky above!


And this one is a great shot of the Tidal Basin water in the background. Too bad 3-eyed fish live in it...that Potomac River is nasty polluted.

And there is the Thomas Jefferson Memorial behind the cherry blossoms overlooking the Tidal Basin. I used to walk over here every day when it was spring and summer, when I worked at the Museum, to sit on a bench and eat my lunch.  It was peaceful, and I often fed the ducks. 

Well, I'm busy preparing the guest room and the rest of the house for Pete's mom to visit with us for a week. He's picking her up tomorrow.  Next weekend is our housewarming party! So I have to get that stuff ready too...it'll be a very busy week for us!

Bye for now. Love, Becky

No comments: