Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Ocean City photos


Here are some photos of my trip to Ocean City a couple weeks ago, with my friend Barbara:



Here we are, on the tram behind our hotel, that took us to the inlet area where the arts and crafts fair was held.

And here is the Springfest arts and crafts tent entrance, where hundreds of vendors were set up and selling items like yard decorations, framed art, hammocks, vibrating pillows, purses made out of record album covers (I got a small Journey 45 record cover of "Open Arms" purse, it's sepia tone in color, and has all the guys standing on either side of the ESCAPE scarab....and then I got a Frontiers album cover purse too)!!

Here is the display of the record album purses, the lady who makes them let me take pictures of them, because I told her nobody would believe it unless they saw it....hehehe....aren't they COOL AS HELL?!!  What a very awesome idea!!

Here we are, sitting on the beach. It was super sunny that day, and we both got burnt!! But it was so worth every moment of CARCINOMA or MELANOMA that may be in our future... of course I had my Betty Boop "Sassy" baseball hat on....Pete collects Betty Boop stuff, and my dog's name is Sassy, AND it's pink and black (my favorite), so it was one of those "must-have's."


Hehe!!! You can see the hotels behind us, in the reflection of my sunglasses!!  As a matter of fact, in the picture above, you can see the OCEAN in the reflection of my sunglasses too!! YAY!


Here is a good photo of the boardwalk area....we were at the very beginning of the inlet area, near the museum (the red/white building on the right).  I found an awesome BETTY BOOP shop nearby, and I got Pete a figurine there, since he collects that stuff.  We have a FIVE FOOT TALL Betty Boop in our dining room, dressed as a waitress in rollerskates, carrying a waitress tray...so, yeah, Betty is part of our household decor!!


So, I took pictures of all the Betty Boop stuff inside the store, so that PETE would believe it!!


I mean SRSLY, Pete would have spent his entire annual paycheck at this place...it was OFF THE HOOK....I was nearly peeing my pants when I saw all this Betty Boop stuff...unbelievable...


Here's a shot of the carnival section on the boardwalk.  Barbara doesn't like carnival rides, but she collects carousel horses....go figure.....


SEE?!  She loves those things!! This was taken at the Dough Roller restaurant on the boardwalk where we had a nice piece of pizza and some sangria!! MMMMMM!!!

....anyway, this stupid ZIPPER ride brought back memories of when I went on it once, in my 20's, with a pocket full of change----and clink clink clunk, all of it fell out of my damned pockets while I screamed MY MONEY!! AAAUUGHH!! and the stupid carnival worker wouldn't let me pick it up after the ride ended either!! GRRR!! I swore I'd never ride that thing again as long as I lived. 


I love's me some pirate action!!! This was a sign outside one of the restaurants I think. There's just something amazingly naughty and sexy about pirates....I have a baseball cap that is pink with black lettering and a skull and crossbones on it that says "Pirate Girl" too. hehehehehe


And what would a pirate BE, without a nice, big......cannon.....to carry around!! hehehehehehe


Both of these items were placed outside this Museum, which we didn't go into, but I thought it was worth snapping a photo at least.  I like big, oversized pirate thingy's too.....LOL.....wink!!


And how about a picture of a huge SHARK?!  This is the biggest one caught in Ocean City, sometime in 1939 or thereabouts.  Here's some more shark stuff....


This tells the story about the biggest shark caught there, but I can't read the dang thing!! (SIDE NOTE: Eye doctor told me today that I am naturally far-sighted, and my sight is nearly 20/20 even despite my diabetes...so that's good news)...

And here's a real photo of the 1939 catch, and the WOMAN who did it!! hehehehe


And here's the jaw of that same fish.....I don't know if they chipped off the teeth or what, maybe it was trying to bite a boat or something...stupid fish...


And here we are on the trolley, the last day of our weekend in Ocean City...see how sunburnt my face was?!! hehehe  I had my pink Betty Boop t-shirt on, the only one I could find in Ocean City, and the stupid thing cost me $20 bucks...but okay, Pete loved it anyway.

So, there ya have it, some pictures of my trip to Ocean City. It was a lot of fun, and despite one 5 minute thunderstorm, the weather was perfect.  We liked our hotel too, and got a lot of sleep, had a lot of wine coolers and sangria, and ate WAY too much!!  But YEE HAW that was fun!!!

Bye for now. Love, Becky  ps. Have a very Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!!

No comments: