Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Monday, January 24, 2011

And the crowd goes wild...

Lookout everybody, the STEELERS have won and are on their way to the Super Bowl again!! This entire CITY is in an uproar, people hungover in their downtown offices, others calling in sick to sleep all day from a long night of partying, the police had to arrest some folks because they were blocking the streets and cars couldn't get through...it was chaos.

And once again, in two more weeks, we'll have to deal with it all over again, especially if they WIN the 7th Super Bowl. I'm going to run and hide, after I yell, "IT'S JUST A GAME FELLAS!" Because people here are NUTS when it comes to this football team. I've never seen such a phenomenon in my entire life. It's mass hysteria. God help you if you were wearing green and white yesterday--the Jets colors--I was even getting slanty-eyed suspicious glares from people because I wore a black blouse...but luckily Pete had his Steelers shirt on, so I was safe.

I WILL NOT CONFORM TO THIS CRAZINESS!! I will NOT buy a jersey, do you hear me Pittsburgh? I will NOT buy a TRBL TAHL either dammit!! You won't convert me!! I refuse!!

But I will watch the games, and I will cheer for them, I just won't go hog-wild over-the-edge loony like all of you morons do. Seriously, it's just bat-shit crazy if you ask me.

Anyway, Pete and I had a nice getaway overnight weekend stay and enjoyed ourselves. Then we tried to go to various home Open Houses, but even though there were signs all around the neighborhoods, on game day, that would have been a shock to find one really going on....but we couldn't find ANY of those houses, so I figured the real estate person forgot to take them down last weekend or something. There was no open house going on at our (hopefully) new house, so that was a big relief.

It feels like this process of buying this house is taking forever. I have already started a binder of photos of each room, and writing down ideas of how I want to decorate!! I'm looking through catalogs and magazines to cut out pictures of things I like too. It's really my own form of hysteria, I suppose, but NOT about SPORTS, thankyouverymuch. I'm in my nesting phase, you know!! I can't help it. We want this house so bad, we can taste it.

I'm even looking at furniture...I'm really tired of the stuff I've had all these years, this sage green stuff...it's really boring to me now.

ok now the day begins, gotta go.

Love, Becky

No comments: