Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Here comes the big one...

Well ya'll, (or should I say YINZ, since I now live in the 'burgh?), here comes the ice storm!! The weatherman says it'll be 4 days of snow and ice, nasty conditions, and everybody is hoping for a snow-day tomorrow from work and school. I'm sure if this hits DC, the whole place will shut down like it did last week. My former co-worker, Rachel, was stranded and stuck at the Museum until after 8 p.m. because she couldn't get home, the highways were a parking lot, nobody moved in nearly 2 hours, so she turned around and went back. What a crock!! I don't miss that one bit!!

Anyway, I am pleased to report that Florence had a very nice follow-up with her doctor today, her blood pressure was very good, her spirits have been up, she looks well rested and feels much better than the last time. The re-evaluation of her medications seems to have helped immensely, so the doctor said "we will change nothing but come back in a month and we'll see if anything needs tweaking." So, Florence was very relieved and happy about that, so I treated her to a frosty at Wendy's on the way home, she loves those!

I am also very pleased to report that, during my 3rd week on Weight Watchers, I have lost 2 pounds. I know it's not much, but it's a start, and considering I don't really exercise regularly, (which I will have to start doing ASAP), that's not too bad for a beginning. Of course, I won't be attending anymore stupid Weight Watchers meetings, but I will definitely keep going on this diet. It's amazing the way I can much better continue on a diet if I tell myself, "It's my medicine," and look at fattening foods as "poison that will make me sicker." I mean, my doctor gave me a prescription to approve me for joining Weight Watchers, so I think of it as, "My doctor says this is my new medicine, so be it, I have no choice." That kinda helps me fool my brain, (instead of my brain thinking, THE DRUDGERY AND DREARINESS OF DIETING DEFINITELY DOESN'T DO!), and so far it's working. I'm going to keep trying as much as I can.

Well, other than that, life is just going along as usual, nothing much to report except the usual insanity of Pittsburgh during the week before the Super Bowl. There have been parties all week long, even party stores are emptied of paper plates, cups, and game-day type of food (wings, appetizers, that sort of thing). As a matter of fact, even HOOTERS has 50 wings for $25 bucks, as a "Super Bowl Special," so Pete ordered 100 wings for Sunday. Sheesh!! Every radio commercial has some kind of football-related theme to it, black and gold items are everywhere, and people have been throwing tailgate parties and random wild bursts of partiness all around Pittsburgh all week long. It's sheer insanity, I tell you!! I am only mildly interested in watching the Super Bowl, but don't tell anybody in the 'burgh that, or I might just get beat up!!

One weird thing of note, is that lately I am really ENJOYING using my new Bissell steam and vac, my hardwood floors have never been so clean, so often! It's one of the best things I've ever had and easiest to use to clean, so I'm lovin' it. I figure every day, I'll do one room, or every other day, and that way the house will be fresher and cleaner more often. That kitchen floor of ours is almost impossible to keep clean with people walking in with their winter boots on. But, the steam and vac is amazing!! I know, I sounds like a weird housewife commercial or something, but that's about the only "news" I can come up with.

So, that's all for now. Upcoming plans for 2011 so far are starting to pile up...Here's a timeline:

February - Get through winter, and avoid eating too much chocolate on Valentines day! Start reorganizing little by little, to get ready for a move soon.

March - Hopefully by then we'll have a mortgage and an offer on that house we love so much! Then we'll have to pack up everything, clean the house we're in now, and move to the new one. This may take a few weeks. We'll have to make some hotel reservations for Ocean City too.

April - The first week is "spring break" in Michigan so my mom wants to go there to see my nephews, so we are tentatively making plans to drive up there for a week. Of course, this depends on the whole house buying and moving thing.

May - Mother's Day, we hope to take both our mom's to Ocean City with our friend Barbara, (whose birthday is May 4th), for a nice weekend, and for the Arts & Crafts Festival that goes on every year there. They will love it. We always have a great time when we go there, I've been there about 4-5 times I think.

June - My nephew Joshua is graduating high school, so this is the tentative date for his graduation party. We'll be going to Michigan for it, hopefully all of us.

July - Pete's 35th high school class reunion is this month, the 15th-17th. I hope to be much skinnier by then!! I want to be that classic "trophy wife," that everybody drools over. hehehe

August - As far as I know, we have nothing going on this month. Stay tuned.

September - So far MY 25th high school class reunion is being held this month, during the dreaded September 11th weekend, which is a royally SUCKY ASS WEEKEND for me, thanks so much fellas. I don't know if I want to go. Depends on my mood and if I'm still skinnier then.

So, that's the plan so far for 2011. I'm sure it'll fill up more as the days continue on...

Bye for now!! Everybody on the east coast, try to stay warm and safe during the impending snow and ice storm!!

Love, Becky & Pete


No comments: