Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

In Memory of Flora Singer...



This interview was taken with Flora Singer before her debilitating stroke several years ago. It tells the story of her life during the Holocaust. She will be truly missed. I got to work with her and talk with her every day during my six years at the Museum. I loved her very much. God Bless you Flora.  


Here is another link to some basic information about Flora, at the USHHM.org web site:


Here is another story about Flora receiving an award for her book in August 2007:


Read her book, entitled "Flora: I Was But A Child," to learn more about her life. She suffered the stroke only weeks after she finished writing it. She could no longer walk or talk, but despite this hardship, she was still active, and will always be remembered as an incredible woman. I can't believe she's gone. I'm heartbroken.

Love, Becky

No comments: