Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A poem my mom sent me....

I like good poems that make you think, so I am sharing this one that my mom sent to me via email today. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, I woke up today to an email from one of the DC roommates at the house I lived in before moving here, and he's apparently given his 30-day notice to move out, (great timing SCHMUCK), so I have to go to DC this weekend to grab two people somewhere to move in and replace the 2 that have left. Fun fun.

Yeah, I get to do that this weekend, AND continue packing up all my stuff for the move too...I'll go to DC on Sunday and stay through Tuesday so that I can still pack all day Saturday & Sunday here. SIGH. Send me some Starbucks gift cards ya'll, cuz I'm gonna need some massive caffeine to get through February and March...

Oh well, no rest for the wicked, as they say!! MMMuuuuhahahahaha!!

Love, Becky
------------------------------------------

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last...

Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask
How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?

You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say,'Hi'

You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.

When you run so fast
to get somewhere
You miss half the fun
of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....Thrown away.

Life is not a race.

Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.....

No comments: