Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Wow, what a crazy life...

Ok so we're only a few days away from signing the lease on this house, right? When suddenly Pete's bosses' boss says at a meeting yesterday, "We know some of you have expressed interest in going to San Francisco for 3-6 months to work on this new project; those of you who are still interested, please confirm with your supervisor, so we can start the process and get you there."

Pete had mentioned a couple months ago to his boss that he was interested in going there. So Pete and I talked it over last night. We would most certainly lose the house here in Pittsburgh if we took off for 3-6 months to live in San Francisco. But they haven't given us a lease to sign yet, so we're not locked in to the deal. And yes, that would be a bummer because I really love the house.

But, I can work temp jobs just as easily there as I can here, and frankly Pittsburgh sucks if you ask me, with weird people wearing the same clothes everywhere you look, sports freaks all over the place, and it definitely sucks especially for jobs, so I'm ready to get the hell out of here---house or no house. I may not even LIKE San Francisco anymore than Pittsburgh, who knows, but it would be interesting to explore for a few months. It would feel like a long vacation. And that's only IF his boss agrees to let me & the dog go along....AND puts us up in a fully furnished apartment for free...AND pays for our plane tickets...(seems like a long shot to me).

I told him I'd probably have to start stalking to find Steve Perry's place while I'm there, just for shits & giggles...and if he didn't mind bailing me out of jail sometimes, I wouldn't mind going to SF. (Then I said, "I really gotta get over this silly obsession with that man at some point)." HEH!! Poor guy's 60 now ya know. I don't know if he could handle knowing me in real life. I'd rock his world and he might keel over from too much excitement!

Pete joked and said, "What if we could rent out his apartment while we're there?" I said, "We couldn't afford it first of all, and secondly I'd be too afraid of breaking something--though I COULD search his underwear drawer to see if he owns a pair of leather buttless chaps!---WOO HOO! ---and furthermore, he's way too rich to bother subletting to a couple of fat east coast people like us!" Pete said, "If you offered him a [little nooky] every month I'll bet that would be payment enough." LOL Good Lord, that got my head spinning. The man shouldn't tease me like that. I just SAID I should get over him, but nope, Pete went and planted a seed of tantalizing yumminess in my noggin. God Bless the Main Man.

So okay, if we don't live in the house here in Pittsburgh, we might just shack up with Steve Perry in San Francisco instead. Sounds like a plan. What a whacked life we lead...it's just bizarre!

Put the coffee on, Mr. Sexy-Beast-Perry-man, 'cause we may just be on our way.

Pete's talking to his boss about this idea today, so we'll see what they say. It's a great opportunity for him, and he should go with or without me. Meanwhile, we haven't signed a lease yet for this house...it would be a bummer to lose it, but maybe we can work out something to put it on hold for a few months....or I could stay here and decorate the place while he's there....who knows....but we're willing to take the gamble.

Love, Becky

No comments: