Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

What a week!

Well let's see....I have officially been engaged one week as of today, and so far...

1. I've got the ring on my finger.
2. I found a great wedding dress that I love.
3. We chose an awesome location to have the wedding ceremony and reception at.
4. We found a great store to get all the food serving items, plates, etc., for cheap.
5. We found a bakery that will make us a "Gilligan's Island" wedding cake, 3 tiers, with Splenda.
6. I've finished making all the bouquets for the girls, and all the bouteniere's for the men.
7. I've made corsages for the mom's.
8. I've made hair combs for the brides maids, and necklaces for them to wear.
9. I've made some utensil holders, white cardboard cones that I decorated with ribbon & a "thank you for sharing our special day" cards attached.
10. I've made a mock-up of the program, which will be a fan to keep cool with at the ceremony.
11. I've made a mock-up of the invitation, and the save-the-date magnets that we're sending soon.
12. I'm still working on the centerpieces, but they are starting to come together & look great!
13. I've painted the black wrought-iron candle holders antique white, that I plan to put around on the main tables like the cake table, the gift table, the guest book table, etc., now I just have to put some ribbon & a few flowers on them.
14. I've also painted the black wrought-iron bird cage that we're going to have people use for any cards that they want to give us.
15. We are pretty sure that we want a steel drum band of some kind, at least for a couple hours.
16. We thought about having a pig roast, and our friend Lisa suggested POI, but that stuff is horrible, so I figure if I serve HUMMUS instead, nobody will know the difference. (Buncha Michigan barn-sour folks don'tchaknow, they've never been to Hawaii, they will have no clue). The only one who MIGHT say something is my VEGAN sister and her husband...they will know what hummus is! DRAT!! FOILED AGAIN!!
17. Our friend Lisa is also best friends with a Methodist pastor, her best friend Susan, so we've got the clergy person lined up to do our ceremony already.
18. We are researching some fun dances and/or choreographed kind of entertainment for the bridal party to do as a surprise for the guests, but we haven't decided what to do yet.
19. We found some "message in a bottle" fun items that we might just put ONE photo of Gilligan inside ONE bottle, and fill 99 others with "Sorry you lose, try again," and throw them all into the pool. The person who finds Gilligan wins a prize. hehehehehehe
20. I have searched all over the place for brides maid dresses, to no avail. I am stumped.

Other than that, it's been pretty boring around here. NOT!!

Love, Becky

No comments: