Welcome to our world...

Stay tuned for updates of the new life together that Pete and Rebecca have begun sharing in Pittsburgh!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Valentines Day weekend everybody!!

Well, here it is....the dreaded holiday of my life as a single woman for 40+ years....I used to really HATE Valentines Day. The only real redemption it had was 50% off candy on February 15th!! And I took FULL advantage of THAT every year, you can betcher bottom.

Since getting hitched to Pete, we've had a few Valentines' Days together, and they're not so bad anymore. Typically we just do something quiet, not elaborate at all, but very enjoyable, like go out for dinner or a movie, etc., which is MUCH better than sitting home watching sad movies by yourself, crying from loneliness like I used to. I don't miss that ONE BIT.

I sent out some packages this week, to people in my life that I thought might like a nice Valentines greeting surprise. I sent a package to my best friend Laurie, and her kids (I send them something for every holiday & birthday), and my two nephews, a card to my friend Melva, and a package to my friend Barbara too. The mom's and I put together a nice package for Pete's new baby granddaughter, Lia, and mailed that out too. I hope everybody likes the packages!

Anyway, I went out and bought my mom and Florence each a pretty blouse and necklace at Fashion Bug, so they'd have something new to wear when Pete and I take them out for a nice lunch at Hokkaido (a seafood buffet that is AWESOME). We might also take them to a movie. I'm not sure yet what he and I will do on our own, if anything, but it'll be a nice time nonetheless. The mom's will love it, I'm sure. I got them each some candy in a gift bag too.

Florence bought my mom some yellow roses (her favorite) yesterday, because my momma's been sick this past week with what COULD be walking pneumonia. She's much better today, but she was really bad a few days ago, so I made her go to the doctor on Tuesday, and then we got her a chest x-ray yesterday, so we're waiting to hear the results of that right now. But, she is one stubborn cuss, I tell ya, she STILL insists on going outside to smoke. GREAT GOOGA MOOGA MOTHER. I don't think she'll really QUIT smoking until she's wearing an oxygen tank 24/7, and/or has a hole in her throat to talk. It's quite frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, Pete and I are planning to go to DC Feb. 25-27, for a party we were invited to. Then, his daughter Sybil and Justin will be visiting for a week in March, and in April, my mom and I are planning to drive up to Michigan for a few days' visit. Then in May, Pete and I are going away to our annual camping excursion (9 days!), and in June my nephew Josh will be graduating high school and having his graduation party in Michigan. So, it'll be a busy time, but we're looking forward to it.

Somewhere between now and April, I am HOPING that we will be able to FINALLY move forward on buying that house we want so much. We might be going to look at another one soon though, just as a "Plan B." I'm getting so antsy about it, I actually ordered one of those fold-open organizer things from t.v., which will hold all my papers with photos of each room in the Sutter house, and my ideas for decorating them. hehehehehe

Well, I hope everyone out there has a great Valentines, no matter what you do to celebrate it.

(Just save me some of that 50% off candy on February 15th)!!

Love, Rebecca & Pete

No comments: